Wednesday, October 29, 2014
9:00 am – 10:30 am HST
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
When it comes to social media, change is constant. Just when you think you’ve got a strategy in place and have it all figured out, the platforms change layout or add/remove features, engagement rates fall and fewer people are seeing your updates, consumer preferences shift, etc. If your credit union has committed to a social media strategy, you can’t just give up when things change. Keeping up with these changes – and the evolving financial industry – can be challenging.
Led by a former community banker turned digital marketer, this webinar will cover some of the major changes that have taken place on the most popular social networks. Join us to ensure you’re getting the most out of social media.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- Review the four major social media platforms (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and YouTube) and the changes that could impact your institution
- Ways to enhance engagement rates to help ensure your content is being seen and making an impact on your overall brand awareness and reputation-enhancement strategy (creativity vs. paying for visibility)
- Understand some of the networks’ key measurement tools to help gauge your success and identify what’s working and what you should consider changing
- How social media can complement your overall web presence optimization efforts to increase the odds that you’re found when people search online for services you provide
- When is the right time to empower others in your institution to participate and have a voice in social media (yes, that means during work hours)
- Essential tools you should consider having in your social media toolbox for monitoring, posting, and measurement
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Excel-based risk/readiness assessment tool
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session will provide a high-level, strategic overview of the various popular social media channels and actual tactics for implementation and success. Senior management, compliance, retail, marketing, and lending staff will gain a better understanding of how to get the most out of the various social platforms.
Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual credit union’s use only.
MEET THE PRESENTER
WSI Internet Consulting