Wednesday, December 18, 2013
10:00 am – 11:30 am HST
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
While the majority of credit union board members have years of experience and know-how, today’s regulatory environment is causing many to revisit how they operate as board members. With every decision, there’s the risk of overlooking the obvious or causing dissension. Sometimes board members simply “rubber stamp” management’s plans, policies, and reports to avoid this.
This webinar will address the ten questions board members should be asking and offer insight on avoiding common pitfalls in board management. What’s important now? What happens if we don’t do things exactly like the regulators want? What issues need monthly or annual review? What about the new educational requirements? What is our personal liability? From regularly reviewing and revising bylaws and required policies, to establishing standing rules, this webinar will provide checklists and sample board calendars to help manage and organize board operations.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- The difference between bylaws and standing rules
- Samples of several standing rules which may help you avoid the most common board mistakes
- Learn what needs to be included in your board training program
- How to better manage policy and program reviews required by regulators
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Sample board policies and standing rules
- Sample board training calendar and policy evaluation calendar
- List of required board-level policy-review items
- List of required/recommended board training items
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for new, experienced, or aspiring board members. Supervisory Committee members will benefit, too.
Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual credit union’s use only.
Don’t Miss the Other Director Series Webinars!
Sign up for the entire series and receive 6 webinars for the price of 5!
Learn more about the Director Series.
MEET THE PRESENTER
Diane Pape Reed